What is Eagle Shield Reflective Ducting?
Eagle Shield Reflective Ducting products are insulated air conditioning ducts made from reflective insulation for recreational vehicles, conversion vans and specialty vehicles. Consisting of a 1/8-inch-thick* polystyrene core sandwiched between two layers of aluminum foil, Eagle Shield Reflective Ducting achieves outstanding airflow in space-constricted applications.
* Allow for variance of .063″
Why Use Eagle Shield Reflective Ducting?
- Reflective foil provides a barrier to radiant heat intrusion, enhances HVAC system performance
- Thin wall material maximizes duct interior, increasing air output
- Tested & approved for Heat & A/C
- Easy to install
- Available pre-cut for easy fold and tape or fully assembled
- Variety of standard sizes; custom sizes are our specialty
- Eagle Shield Reflective Ducting products are ideal for any space-limiting application
DUCT INSULATION SOLUTIONS
Typical residential HVAC systems lose 10-30% of heating and cooling energy when air ducts pass through unconditioned spaces. Insulating duct work serves to reduce this energy waste and lowers utility bills. Occupants are also more comfortable in houses with insulated ducts because heated or cooled air reaches the registers at higher or lower temperatures, respectively. This helps reduce builder costs associated with callbacks because homeowners are less likely to complain about heating or cooling problems.
Thermo Reflect Duct Insulation is a double layer of poly-bubbles bonded to and sandwiched between two sheets of a unique Radiant Barrier metalicized reflective. Its unique construction is specially designed to help reduce condensation and radiant heat gain or loss in HVAC ducts… and no fire or flammability worries … it passes NFPA Full Room Burn Test.
• 97% reflectivity
• Easy to install
• Fiber free and environmentally friendly
• Inhibits condensation, mold and fungi
• NFPA 286 Full Room Burn Test Approved
• Helps reduce heat loss through your duct surfaces
• Raises your cooling and heating efficiency
• Helps ensure better climate control and comfort
• R-6 with air-space, R-4.3 without air-space
• ASTM E84-Class 1/Class A fire rating approved also
• ASTM C411-Passed
Why Choose Us?
- A+ rated with the BBB
- The only home improvement products recognized by NASA
- Certified by the Space Foundation
- The only insulation with a Class A fire rating