Save money, splurge on performance.
Designed for efficiency: Rinnai’s tankless technology features copper heat exchangers to provide maximum efficiency, and easily meet ENERGY STAR® qualifications and uses up to 40 percent less energy* than a traditional tank.
Save energy: By operating only when hot water is needed, and no storage tank to heat and reheat water, our tankless technology helps save on energy and utility costs. The use of an electronic igntion means no standing pilot light that constantly uses energy.
A smart investment: Increase your home’s value with premium technology, energy efficiency and an improved Home Energy Rating System (HERS) index score. Available energy efficiency rebates and tax credits offer the opportunity to help make your purchases more affordable.
Multiple sizes: Rinnai gives you options to right-size your installation and customize your efficiency.
Replace parts, not systems: Every part of a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater is replaceable. Components can be easily exchanged, if needed, versus replacing the entire system.
Stay green with a sustainable choice.
Earth-friendly efficiency: Our tankless technology achieves maximum energy efficiency, helping to conserve natural resources.
Less waste: Compact heat exchanger design, longer product lifespan compared to a traditional tank** and recycleable parts means less waste in landfills.
High standards for low emissions: Lower CO2 emissions contribute to cleaner air and a healthier environment.
Tankless technology that saves you time.
Never think about your hot water needs again: Innovative technology provides an endless supply of hot water whenever and wherever it’s needed – even for simultaneous uses at multiple fixtures. Showers and baths? Absolutely. Laundry and dishes? No problem. Prioritizing activities and scheduling hot water use is a thing of the past.
Save space with a compact design.
Maximum output, minimum space: About the size of a small suitcase, at 18.5” x 26” x 10” or smaller, a Rinnai can be installed on any wall or in compact spaces. These wall-mounted units can be installed on the interior or exterior wall of the home to free up valuable space.
Flexible installation: Small size allows for installation in non-traditional spaces such as crawl spaces and attics, making it perfect for use in any size home, including manufactured and modular homes.
How a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Works
- When the need for hot water arises by turning on a shower, washing machine, dishwasher or faucet, cold water enters the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater from the inlet pipe at the bottom of the unit. The PC board is then signaled to activate the flame igniter or ignition.
- A combustion fan turns on to allow oxygen into the burner to ignite the flame as the gas control valve opens at a low frequency. Once an adequate flame is present the igniter stops sparking — beginning the next sequence of operation in a matter of seconds.
- Water is heated as it passes through the coils of the copper heat exchanger, and exits from the hot water outlet pipe to travel through the pipes of the home or business to the water fixture where hot water is needed. For Condensing models, the water is preheated as it passes through a secondary stainless steel (latent) heat exchanger, capturing any extra heat (or latent heat) before it escapes into the vent system.
- The gas valve and blower automatically adjust the incoming gas and oxygen to meet the water heating demands. If the demand is small, the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater can use a smaller flame and less gas. If the demand is greater, the flame can expand across the width of the entire burner to heat more water. The tankless water heater adjusts as needed to ensure the temperature set point is maintained. A digital controller allows the user to choose his desired temperature.
- As the hot water fixture shuts off, cold water stops entering the tankless water heater and the flame diminishes. The combustion fan continues to operate at a low speed for a short period of time. This allows the exhaust of any leftover combustion gases.
Tank vs. Tankless Annual Operating Costs*
Why Choose Us?
- A+ rated with the BBB
- The only home improvement products recognized by NASA
- Certified by the Space Foundation
- The only insulation with a Class A fire rating